1 something existing solely in the imagination (but often mistaken for reality) [syn: fantasy world, phantasy world]
- The imaginary land
or abode of fairies.
- 2004, Algernon Blackwood, A Prisoner in Fairyland , Kessinger
Publishing, page 174
- Not merely a foolish fairyland of make-believe and dragons and princesses imprisoned in animals, but a fairyland the whole world needs - the sympathy of sweet endeavour, love, gentleness and sacrifice for others.
- 2004, Algernon Blackwood, A Prisoner in Fairyland , Kessinger Publishing, page 174 http://books.google.com/books?id=F-OpOJaC7gEC&pg=PA174&dq=fairyland+date:1950-2008&lr=lang_en&as_brr=3&sig=4Y-Rlrc6NK9JVM-APplxfNDJyu8
the imaginary land or abode of fairies
- Hungarian: tündérország, meseország
Fairyland commonly refers to the land of fairies, in folklore.
Fairyland may also refer to:
- Álfheimr, the abode of the elves in Norse mythology
- Fairyland (band), a symphonic power metal band from France
- "fairyland" (song), by J-Pop singer Ayumi Hamasaki
- Fairyland (novel), by science fiction writer Paul J. McAuley
- Fairyland (computer game), an MMORPG game from Lager Interactive Inc.
- Children's Fairyland, a small children's amusement park in Oakland, California
- Fairyland, a parasite universe in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
Agapemone, Arcadia, Big Rock-Candy Mountain, Canaan, Cloudcuckooland, Cockaigne, Eden, Eldorado, Erewhon, Garden of Eden, Goshen, Happy Valley, Land of Youth, Laputa, Never-Never-land, Neverland, New Atlantis, Pandemonium, Quivira, Shangri-la, Utopia, Zion, arcadia, cloudland, dreamland, dystopia, elfenfolk, faerie, fairyfolk, heaven, kakotopia, kingdom come, land of dreams, land of enchantment, land of faerie, land of plenty, land of promise, lotus land, millennium, paradise, promised land, shee, sidhe, the good folk, the little people, utopia, wonderland